The project owner needs convert two new rooms in the basement of the building of the partner school: an environment technology measuring room and a waste analysis laboratory.
To create the laboratories, building engineering and device development tasks must be performed. The instruments in the waste analysis laboratory are suitable for up-to-date research. During the training, curriculum development will be carried out and educational material (consisting of a workbook used as a textbook plus a closely related multimedia educational DVD) will be published.
Beyond vocational training, we undertake to raise our students’ awareness on environmental issues, which, in the long run, contributes to sustainable development.
Objects and activities to be realised as results of the project
1. Waste analysis laboratory: an architecturally completed laboratory, accessible for people with disabilities, planned on the basis of vocational training requirements, equipped with up-to-date educational devices and instruments suitable for complex waste analyses.
2. Environmental technology laboratory: an architecturally completed laboratory, accessible for people with disabilities, equipped with instruments suitable for practices of the preparatory subjects of the vocational training requirements.
3. Curriculum: a curriculum (forming a part of the Pedagogical Programme), prepared in cooperation with Norwegian and professional partners by an expert panel, approved by the maintainer, containing details of necessary competences, activities, instruments, numbers of lessons, requirements, inputs and outputs.
4. The launch of an NQR vocational training programme: the partner school, in cooperation with the foundation, launches the first grade of vocational training in September 2010.
5. A workbook containing exercises on waste management: to launch the training programme, the school’s expert panel prepares a workbook of practical exercises (planned number of pages: 150), then has it accredited as an official textbook. The professional material is prepared in cooperation with the Norwegian partner.
6. Multimedia educational DVD: in parallel with the launch of the training programme, the expert panel of the school prepares an educational DVD to display those technologies that are not fit to be demonstrated among classroom conditions. The professional material is prepared in cooperation with the Norwegian partner.